Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New year, new blog entry

Pardon the cliche, but 2009 is here and in full force! I thought that once the holidays were over, I'd have a little bit of a reprieve, but my social and work calendar is as full as ever. It's also (cue the Twilight Zone music) Tax Season. Joy.


I thought I'd start blogging again, as I am a slacker and it's been almost 2 months. I wish Blogger had a widget I could install inside my head that would just auto-blog my thoughts as they appear. That could also be bad, so Google, please ignore that request.


For starters, I am super pumped about Climb Atlanta 2009, and charity fundraiser that benefits the American Lung Association of Georgia. On April 18 I will be huffing it up the 50 flights of stairs (that's 1,150 steps...1,149 more than I am used to!) of 191 Peachtree Tower in downtown Atlanta, all for the purpose of collecting donations and support for an amazing organization. I have already started collecting donations, and if you'd like to sponsor my climb, you may do so by clicking here:


Kimberly's Climb Atlanta 2009 Fundraising Page


I have also started training for the trek. I was terribly sick last week, and won't be starting back at the gym until next week - my mom says my body is still recovering. However, I'm getting antsy and have started doing the stairs here at work. Yesterday, I did 6 flights and today I did 12. I hope to slowly do more and more flights each week, but I think this is a great start! I have never been so excited about something before, and feel honored to be a part of such a great cause!


Junior League will be picking back up again soon with parties and fundraisers. Last year was a lot of required work, but now that I've fulfilled my Provisional duties, I can focus on the fun stuff! I don't know how much more Nearly New volunteering I could handle...and let's not even talk about the 25 hours I have to complete in 2009. I'll procrastinate on that one for a bit :) I am especially excited about the Tour of Kitchens in March. My mom, my boyfriend's Mom and I will be doing this together, and can't wait. A chance to see the Atlanta elite's fancy kitchens while enjoying food and wine?! Sign me up.


Ah. I guess I should put up some resolutions for the new year, huh? At least that way I can be held accountable...


No fast food for 30 days - part of my detox regimen, and I'm already on Day 15!. I will also try and continue this throughout the year. It's great, b/c I did this in the Fall, and it changed my life. I used to be a fast food freak, and once I gave it up for 30 days, I didn't crave it at all like I used to. Now, I dabble in it every once in awhile, but it's nice to do a little detoxing.


Don't curse so much - I am a lady! I'm no sailor by any means, but I think it would be great to be like my friend Katie. I don't think the girl's cursed since 10th grade. Now that's true strength!


Strengthen my faith in God. Times have been tough lately, and I know I couldn't keep getting through it all without prayer and my faith. I just joined a bible study at my church, and it's led by my minister, who's awesome, btw, so I'm excited to get involved in that. My mom and I have also started having dinner at church every Wednesday night, which not only gets us to church, but also sets a little time aside for us as our schedules pick back up again.

Keep the drinking to a minimum. This coincides with the no fast food thing, and also the Climb Atlanta thing. I guess I'm just trying to be as healthy as I can (for as long as I can!) and keep up with the working out and eating right and all that jazz. It feels good to feel good, ya know?!

Don't sweat the small stuff. I'm trying to be generic here, as this encompasses many areas of my life. Mainly my habit for worrying about things I cannot control, and letting others get the best of me. Ryan says I've been doing well with this lately, and I feel that way too. I've spent too much of my life stressing out on stuff about which I don't need to stress. Whether it be at work or at home, I'm going to focus on me and my happiness!

I think I'll stop there. It's the long lists of resolutions that never seem to be kept, so 5-fold works for me.

I imagined this post being much longer, but the day has slipped away from me, and I need to bust out of work (right, Mom?!). I'm sure I'll blog again tomorrow - interweb, how I've missed you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two resolutions I have. Only two.

1. Become a better father and person.

2. Stay married.


Right now, everything is secondary.