Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Serendipity

This is a pretty cool story.  I wish it were true serendipity - b/c that's my dream.

I have an ex with whom I'm still super close.  He's one of my best friends, and I'm glad we were able to get past that whole "awkward ex phase."  Granted, we only dated for 2 months, over 8 years ago, but still...breaking up and exes usually blow, so I'm happy he's still a part of my life.

We've always had this inside joke about the word "swimmingly."  The first time I used that word around him, he tried to tell me that it wasn't a real world, until I proved to him that it was.  Ever since, we always joke about it and I still make fun of him for not knowing it was a word.

We hung out this weekend and I told him how I was in the car the other day listening to the radio, and the DJ used the word "swimmingly" and I immeditaely thought of him.

He goes, "Kim, I heard that too, and thought of you."

What are the odds?  We happen to both be in the car on the exact same day...at the exact same time...listening to the exact same radio station...and thought of each other at the exact same moment...and then we tell each other about it. 

How cool.  It'd be even cooler if this actually meant something - b/c then we'd have to get married.

Too bad he's only my friend.

2 comments:

A Wedding Story said...

Maybe it's meant to be ;)

Blackeyed Susan said...

Found your blog because I saw you were a Lewis Grizzard fan on Classy Fab Sarah's post :) Hello!!

So is there any chance that you and this guy could be more than friends?! That is crazy!