Wednesday, April 9, 2008
So hurt
I just watched the terrible footage of the teenage girl, Victoria Lindsay, who was severely beaten by 6 of her peers. I cried while watching it (no real surprise there), even though I do not know the individuals involved. My heart breaks for Victoria and her family, and I am outraged at the girls who attacked her. I am even more outraged at these girls' parents, who are defending their children. The attack was videotaped by the attackers; their intentions were to post the video online to embarrass the victim. How one can defend their child who is seen on camera harassing and beating another young girl is beyond me. As much as I hate that the victim and her family are being exploited by the video being made public, I think it is imperative that people watch it so they can be aware that children are capable of terrible, terrible things. I am so sad that this kind of thing took place, and only hope people will take away something positive from this nightmare. It makes me sick to think that we live in a society where people think this kind of behavior is acceptable and condoned. I hope these girls are all tried as adults and spend the rest of their lives in prison where they belong. I also thank God this was not my sister...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree with you that they should be tried as adults. This was clearly a planned attack and if you're video taping, it's even worse. However, i'd be a big fan of the media discontnuing the showing of the video. I think that will continue to cause just as much harm as the origonal tape.
And yes, I'm very glad it was not one of my sisters. I don't think the girls in the video have any idea how swift my revenge would be. I'm sure I'd go to jail, but i'd gladly make that sacrifice for my sisters.
Post a Comment