Tuesday, May 20, 2008

ugh

Gah, I hope someone is reading this who knows how bad the intersection of Roswell Rd. and Piedmont Rd. is so you'll at least understand where I'm coming from.

Every morning, I take Lake Forrest to get to work. It runs parallel to Roswell Rd. going into Buckhead and is a great alternative to the traffic-y Roswell Rd. Lake Forrest eventually runs into Roswell Rd., and I must take a right onto Roswell and then get into the left lane to turn onto Piedmont so I can get to work. Well, the rest of the world has to do this maneuver as well, leading to a MONSTROSITY of cars everywhere. I patiently wait 12 minutes to make a right turn (you heard me, a right turn), and get onto Roswell Rd. in the correct turning lane. The light finally turns green, and I notice there is a big Chevy trying to get from the right lane into the left turning lane. It is too late for me to let him in front of me, as I'm ahead of him, so he tries to get in behind me....and BAM! Slams his front bumper into my back one. I mean, the last time I checked, I don't drive an invisible car, so I don't know how he didn't see my silver SUV sitting right there with no room for him to get in the lane! I guess he just thought that b/c he drives a big vehicle, he could just Monster Truck right over my car and get into the lane in which he needed to be. So, we're unable to get our cars out of the road, and when the light turns red again, we get out of our cars and inspect the damage. Despite the loud noise it made when he hit me, there was absolutely no damage to his or my car...thankfully! I saw no need to call the police, but I did get his information (Josh, you better have given me your real name and number...). Let me tell you, even though it wasn't a bad accident at all, my hands were shaking so badly, I could hardly input his contact info into my phone. I was able to get a "J" in there, and had to update the "osh" when I got to work and calmed down.

Car accidents (big or small) are terrible, and it had been a long time since I'd been in one (2002). It is not a great way to start off one's morning...

No comments: