Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Facebook's Random Things

Ok, so Facebookers...I know you've all seen the recent influx of "Random Thing" Notes popping up on your Newsfeeds, and although I was a participant of this cult craze, I feel the need to re-do my list on my blog. I feel that I didn't take the proper time and energy the first time around, and know I can do a better job this time. Not that I don't like those facts, per se, I guess I just wanted to add some more! I also don't know how much I have to say yet, so my list may or may not be shorter or longer than the standard 16 or 25 facts. Here we go...BOOM! Roasted! (Office fans? Anyone?)

1. I've had kidney problems my whole life. I even passed a kidney stone in the comfort of my own home. Keep in mind when I just used the word 'comfort,' up there, I meant worst pain I've ever felt in my life. Point being, I didn't go to the hospital...b/c I'm a beast. Or, b/c I was in the month between switching health insurance, so I wasn't really covered, but whatever. I still deserve brownie points. I'm also scared that b/c of my "bad" kidneys, I may end up like Shelby Eatenton Latcherie one day, but we won't talk about that. I always keep a supply of cranberry pills on my person.

2. I am slightly (read: extremely) obsessed with Facebook. I check it incessantly. I don't call it stalking, more like keeping my ear to the ground. I consider myself the pipeline.

3. I have no desire to go to Bonnaroo, or any other outside festival. Nor have I ever wanted to. That just screams dirty, sweaty, nastiness. I like showering (and pretty much doing everything I do) inside, thankyouverymuch.

4. I do enjoy a good round of gossip. I'm not going to sit up on my high horse and say I don't do it, b/c we all know I live in the South and I am a female. You should see our men's eyes roll when my girlfriends and I get going... Please refer to #2 for the source of 95% of our topics.

5. There is nothing better in the world than a scalp/head massage. Ya know the last 5 minutes of a regular massage, when they massage your head? That is my favorite part of the entire 60 minutes. I wonder if I would be able to get a full session of that?

6. I was just complaining to a coworker about this very thing, so I think it's apropos to blog it. Every day of my life is like the scene from Office Space when Peter shocks himself on the door handle at work. I'm constantly on the prowl for a drill to remove said electricity-ridden door handle.

7. My 18 year old sister got in trouble the other day and I came up with her punishment. She had to stand in a room for 2 hours. She couldn't sit, lean, lay down, talk, or do anything other than just stand there for 120 minutes and think about what she had done. She said it's the worst punishment she's ever received, and let's just say that she's no angel, so I feel quite confident that my measure of discipline worked. Seriously, try standing in one place, doing nothing, for 2 hours. Best idea ever, if I do say so myself.

8. I do not resemble anyone famous. Everyone in my department does, and they all have pictures outside their offices displaying their celebrity doppelgangers, sans me. Yay for being unique and all, but I wish I had a picture up too!

9. I am going 42 days strong without fast food! 'Nuff said.

10. I get car sick very easily. I can read one sentence on a piece of paper and immediately get nauseous. For the reader in me, this does not make for good long car trips.

11. I usually don't wear any makeup to work. I wonder if anyone really notices...

12. Whenever I listen to my iPod, I feel as if my life is a movie with a soundtrack. I find myself doing things in time with the music. Hmmm, note to self...good blog post idea: list of songs for life soundtrack.

13. I remember in college we used to make fun of a friend's older sister for being "old." She's 4 years older. We used to laugh at how she would talk about good recipes and books and not go out 6 nights a week. Nowadays, I live for good recipes, books and I stay in every night!

14. I get anxiety when my cell phone's not within reach. Like it's going to blow up with calls and texts when I don't have it on me... Whenever I don't have it with me, and then go out of my way (turn the car around, frantically search for it, etc.) to get it back, there are no missed calls or texts.

15. When I become a mom, I want Kate's haircut from Jon & Kate Plus 8. She has a cool "mom cut."

16. I get very upset if I can't take my daily weekend nap on Saturday and Sunday. I build my weekends around those naps.

17. If I ever leave the house without putting on perfume or body spray, I feel naked. I forgot perfume when I was getting ready at Ryan's the other morning, and went as far as to spray room spray in the air and walk through it. I know, I know...

18. My dreams are so realistic. I remember every dream I have every night, and subsequently over analyze them the next day. This does NOT help with the Edward Cullen dreams that haunt me every night.

19. Voicemail and phone systems are activated by tones, we all know this. It's not the pressing of a key that triggers an action, it's the sound that key makes when pressed that triggers an action. That being said, I think my voice resembles that of a touchtone. I cannot tell you how many times I've been leaving voicemails for people and get cut off by the message, "If you are satisfied with your message, press one..." I guess the sound of my voice triggers the voicemail system to think a key has been pressed during the message! I have to re-record messages for people all the time, making sure to change the sound of my voice to avoid a re-re-record. It's annoying, but I guess my voice is annoying too?! Good grief.

I know I have more, but it's time for me to leave work, and I cannot miss out on that!!! More later, I'm sure.

No comments: