Wednesday, February 17, 2010

40 Days and 40 Nights

* I wrote this post last night, as I was enjoying my "Last Supper" of fast food before Lent started today. I'm glad that I didn't write it this morning, where the thought of these foods would tempt me to cheating during my 40 days and 40 nights without any of these glorious treats!

Here we go again!! Lent starts tomorrow, and although I'm not Catholic, I still give up vices during the Lenten season. This year is fast food and candy. I swear, I could eat fast food at every meal, and don't even get me started on how much candy we have around our office. This is going to be hard, but isn't that the point of it all?!

On my way home from work tonight, I stopped at the KFC / Taco Bell combo by my house and picked up my Last Supper - a cheesy bean and rice burrito (my all-time fave), triple layer nachos (which I didn't end up finishing, but they're only $0.89...) and the new KFC wrapwich, which I've been dying to try (not all that great - I mean, I ate it and it was good, but wasn't phenomenal). I'm now sitting on my couch in a food coma oblivion, watching the Olympics. On that note, why is curling a sport?!


Here's a picture of the amazingness that just ensued:









Anyways, I got to thinking earlier today about where I wanted to stop tonight to get my Last Supper, and it took me forever to decide. I love fast food so much and wanted my final meal before Lent begins to be just perfect. I wanted to create a list (I'm a big list person) of my favorite fast food choices. I have a feeling this list is about to be lonnnnnng:

Cheesy bean and rice burrito - Taco Bell
McChicken sandwich with cheese - McDonald's
French fries - McDonald's
Kickin' chicken sandwich with cheese - Zaxby's
Crinkle fries - Zaxby's
Spicy wrap with spicy sauce - Chick-fil-A
Chick-fil-A sauce - you know where :)
Big Mac snack wrap - McDonald's
Whopper - Burger King
Chicken sandwich with cheese - Chick-fil-A
Black jack taco (which is no more) - Taco Bell
Triple layer nachos - Taco Bell
Angus burger - McDonald's

Wow. I must like cheese...

And now, my list of favorite candy:

Take 5
Mr. Goodbar
Reese's Pieces
Crispy mint M&M's (try them)
Bite-sized Snickers (b/c the normal-sized ones are too much for me)
Krackle
Butterfinger
Twix
Peanut M&M's
Skittles (preferably Tropical, but I won't complain)
Starburst

Actually, I prefer the bite-sized portions of pretty much all candy. It's weird, b/c I could sit and eat 5 bite-sized Snickers in one sitting, but you'll never see me eating an entire Snickers bar.

Hmmm, now I want some candy...

Well, now that I've gotten that out of my system, I welcome you, Lent! I made it last year without any incidents of faltering, so I know I can do it again. Maybe it's the religious aspect of it all, but this is the only time I'm really able to maintain willpower and not succumb to weakness. I seriously have zero willpower any other time regarding anything else I ever try and give up, so I guess I do so well during Lent b/c I feel like God will be mad at me if I cheat. New thought: maybe Lent should last 365 days, rather than just 40.

Good bye drive-thrus and sweets - see you on April 4!

No comments: