Monday, July 21, 2008

Random Twitterings

-This week in Atlanta is Downtown Restaurant Week. Of the 3 days I'm able to participate, I'm going out to dinner twice. Never been more excited. Tonight is with my family, Ryan and Ryan's mom. Tomorrow is with some girl friends.
-My mother, after much reluctancy, let my sister back on our cell phone plan. In a matter of ONE MONTH, the heathen has proceeded to go over our minutes, talking to one person (please note not total calls, just to one person) for almost 43 hours. That's about how much I work in one week. 525 calls to be exact. That's 35 calls a day...every day...to one person. How does one justify that? I hope the demon has fun paying those overage charges.
-I'm headed to Orlando on Thursday. Going to have a final hurrah at the Magic Kingdom/MGM/Epcot/Animal Kingdom before my "friend" Pluto moves home. I tell Ryan I may have an affair with Mickey Mouse and never return...he thinks I'm kidding. Have you ever gone to Disney World as an adult? It's even more fun than when you were younger. Case in point: they serve alcohol at Epcot.
-I got a raise at work last week. 'Nuff said.
-Mamma Mia was amazing. Can't wait for Dark Knight. Waiting to see it in IMAX (whenever tickets get around to not being sold out...) w/ my man. Any movie that brings in over $150 million in its first weekend must be worth seeing.
-Saw Corey Smith on Saturday night at Chastain. We were fourth row and didn't even realize that until we got there! He put on a great show for 6500 people (that's right, he sold out Chastain) and was really, really good. I've been following him for about 4 years, and have really seen him transform from an unknown artist playing an acoustic set at the Marietta Wild Wing Cafe for 20 people, to someone who sells out venues like Chastain Park. He caters to a more wide-range audience now (as anyone trying to make it in the music biz would), but his vocals, lyrics and overall musical talent have not changed one bit. As much as it makes me mad that everyone and their grandmother knows who he is and he's not so secretive and special to me anymore, I'm happy for him and his success.

No comments: