Tuesday, August 19, 2008

just some things

1. "I quit the gym!" Well, not exactly (great Friends episode, btw). I quit my trainer - does that even make sense? My company pays for my LA Fitness membership, so that's all fine and good and I can continue going when it's convenient for me. Even if I only go once a week, it's not like I'm wasting money b/c I'm not paying for it. Now, as for my training sessions. Last December, I signed up for 12 sessions/month with a trainer for $300 a month. I'm not saying I've hated it, b/c it's been awesome and I'm really happy w/ all I've accomplished and learned. But, it's time to be over. I'm done. I'm trying to pay of my car, and would love to have that $300 in my account each month to help with that. I just joined the Junior League of Atlanta and it's a HUGE time and money commitment, and I just can't get my time and money's worth with my trainer anymore. I'm just over it. I have like 30 sessions left, and then I'm done. Let me tell you what a huge relief this is. Now, I can go to the gym (or not) whenever I so choose, and not feel pressured. Ahhh. Great feeling.

2. Ate at Home on Sunday night with my wonderful mother. This is Top Chef's Richard Blais' new restaurant in Buckhead. Blais, I give it 5 stars!! Amazing food, sir. And, getting drunk off 2 glasses of really good Pinot really make for an interesting early dinner with one's mother on a work night. HIGHLY recommend this place.

3. Watched "No Country for Old Men" and "Dan in Real Life" on Sunday. Two completely different yet completely great movies. Yay for free OnDemand movies!

4. I've got a table w/ 5 of my bests this coming Saturday night at Chastain for the Sister Hazel concert. We're doing dinner, drinks, decorated table...the whole nine years, so it will be A LOT different than college Sister Hazel concerts at the Georgia Theatre. I will never forget those Tuesday night shows, complete with nasty Theatre beer, fist-pumping, Ken Block boob-autographing, sneaking onto tour buses, drunk texting to ex- (current?) boys and cancelling class for ourselves 3 songs into the set...maybe we'll reenact those memories this weekend ;)

5. Today at work I spent 5 straight hours doing one thing. I had to put together 120 marketing folders, each 50 different pages inside. It was HELLACIOUS.

6. My social calendar is filling up mighty fast now that I'm in Junior League. If you want to see me from now until December, contact me STAT!

7. I have no idea when this will air, but can't remember the last time I was this excited for a RW/RR Challenge. It's called "The Island" and they drop everyone off on this deserted island and it's a survival-of-the-fittest type theme this time around. The previews look so intense.

8. Only 2 more 1/2 day Fridays left until next summer. I'm literally crying.

9. I think my 3 weeks of hell have finally relented. Good thing, b/c I'd just about had it with this crap luck lately. Talk about a terrible 21 days...

10. Love my new Voyager phone. Probably the best thing to come out of my 3 week stint in the River Styx. They're calling this phone the "iPhone killer." I know you're jealous.

No comments: