The Best Worst Times of My Life
I know the title doesn't appear to make much sense. I get a lot of that when I say things, but this time I hope you will understand what I am saying when I am finished. Jesus often said things like this; the least will be the greatest, the poor will be rich, losing your life will save it. They are opposites, what we call a paradox. They are things that seem to be contradictory, but in reality communicate a greater truth about the Kingdom of God.
One of those truths I keep running into the longer I live the Christian life, is that out of the worst times of my life, God often creates the best things in my life. I have discovered that when I walk through trials and heartache while still depending on God, I come out in a better place on the other side. It doesn't mean I like it. It doesn't mean I even understand what God is up to, but I have found time after time that He will make the very most of every hard time.
Some of you may be going through one of those "worst times" right now. Some of you may still be recovering from a bad time or chapter in your life. Some of you may be about to go through a rough time and you don't even know it yet. (I hope not, but you never know.) I'm not trying to be negative, in fact, God's message is just the opposite. No matter how bad times get, God has good in mind. He always has a plan and a purpose that can bring the best growth in our lives out of the worst times of our lives.
I know the title doesn't appear to make much sense. I get a lot of that when I say things, but this time I hope you will understand what I am saying when I am finished. Jesus often said things like this; the least will be the greatest, the poor will be rich, losing your life will save it. They are opposites, what we call a paradox. They are things that seem to be contradictory, but in reality communicate a greater truth about the Kingdom of God.
One of those truths I keep running into the longer I live the Christian life, is that out of the worst times of my life, God often creates the best things in my life. I have discovered that when I walk through trials and heartache while still depending on God, I come out in a better place on the other side. It doesn't mean I like it. It doesn't mean I even understand what God is up to, but I have found time after time that He will make the very most of every hard time.
Some of you may be going through one of those "worst times" right now. Some of you may still be recovering from a bad time or chapter in your life. Some of you may be about to go through a rough time and you don't even know it yet. (I hope not, but you never know.) I'm not trying to be negative, in fact, God's message is just the opposite. No matter how bad times get, God has good in mind. He always has a plan and a purpose that can bring the best growth in our lives out of the worst times of our lives.
As I've released to the blogging universe, these past few weeks of my life have been quite rough on me. It was so nice to open an email today with such a simple and poignant message that gives me a much needed morale boost. I try to keep a PMA (Positive Mental Attitude...thanks Momma) about things like this, but it's also a big help to know that I've got someone even bigger than me pulling for me. I will get through this, and be an even better person b/c of it.
1 comment:
moms are always good for that kind of stuff :)
Post a Comment