One thing I love to do more than anything is to eat in a restaurant by myself. Don't get me wrong, I love the good company and conversation with friends/family during a meal out, but I get so much joy out of sitting at a little table for one in a good restaurant, enjoying delicious food while reading a great book.
Today, I enjoyed the ever-so-popular Wicked while dining at Chow Baby. All-you-can-eat, make-your-own stir fry for $7.99? Not having to wait in the ferocious line (b/c I got there before it opened) and being able to just relish in the food, my book and myself for an hour was such a simple little treat.
A month ago, I was an hour and a half early for my flight to Orlando from Harstfield-Jackson, and was hungry. I found a Chili's and sat there with my iPod and newest edition of Real Simple magazine (you HAVE to get a subscription to this) and had dinner. Again, such a simple little gift to myself.
I spend all day talking to (er, catering to?!) and dealing with people, so it's so nice to be able to take a break from all of that and enjoy some alone time. If you haven't eaten alone, you must try it. Even better with some good reading material. I can't wipe the smile off my face. No real reason, just simply happy right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment