Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My 2010 Resolutions

I place light emphasis on the word "resolutions" up there, b/c I'm not one for them (ie: I break them), so maybe we can call this list "Cool New Things to Do in 2010." Besides, I'm about to list 50 items, and if anyone can keep 50 resolutions, well, I'll eat my hat.

1. Make cake pops

2. Give up fast food, candy and (here's the big one) alcohol for Lent (February 17-April 3)

3. Meet my new neighbors (and start playing Bunco!)

4. Call my grandmothers more often

5. Win something

6. Meet a celeb

7. Blog more often

8. Clip coupons

9. Attend a wine tasting

10. Be insanely organized

11. Go greener

12. Stop letting traffic fluster me

13. Donate blood, b/c I forgot to in 2009

14. Get a new wallet

15. Not have kidney stones / problems

16. Re-do my iPod

17. Don't buy things unless I actually need them

18. Take a bath in my new garden tub

19. Cook using my cookbooks

20. Stop picking my lip

21. Add more of my own personal touches to my new home

22. Stop hitting the snooze button so much

23. Get real sun this summer at the pool (and not just at the tanning bed)

24. Improve my golf game

25. Focus on quality rather than quantity

26. Make a pizza from scratch (or, just plain make anything from scratch!)

27. Get the ball rolling with the patent for my invention (like I'm gonna tell you what that is yet!)

28. Be charming enough to be sent flowers :)

29. Re-read all of the Twilight books...again

30. Host a BBQ (hmmmm, need a grill for this...)

31. Go somewhere via airplane

32. Roll my own sushi

33. Continue to get 8+ hours of sleep each night before work

34. Be a better daughter / sister / friend / employee

35. Keep a plant alive

36. Give foods I hate another chance

36. Get my headaches / migraines checked out

37. Visit my friend Courtney in Alabama more often

38. Mow my own grass / take care of my own yard without any help

39. Be on Jeopardy

40. Teach Peanut new tricks

41. Learn how to do the manual transmission / "drift" feature on Mario Kart

42. Visit a museum

43. Quit saying "I'm sorry" so much

44. Check my voicemails before calling people back

45. Grow a tough skin

46. Eat at Hal's (er, make a boy take me to dinner there)

47. Take a class of some sort...preferably with my friends

48. Really give some thought to writing my book

49. Stop picking hangnails

50. Keep up with my gym / diet regimen

Be sure to check back in at the start of 2011 and we'll see how I did this year :)

No comments: