So, I always finish off my gym workout with a 20 minute trip to the sauna.
Let me set the scene for you. It's almost 200 degrees in there. Being someone who, at any given moment in time, constantly sweats, I get pretty perspire-y in there. Read: I'm a dripping wet mess.
I also don't just sit in the sauna, how you're supposed to. I do a full-out ab workout, along with some other excercises. So, the sweating increases by tenfold.
After my bikram-like workout, I get out and stand under this one air vent and cool down for a minute and towel off. B/c I just had a pretty intense workout, after a regular workout, I'm pretty out of breath and red and sweaty. I guess I'm breathing pretty hard (I'm jamming out to Young Jeezy on my iPod, I'm sure, so I can't really tell), b/c this woman runs up to me and screams, "My goodness, are you ok?"
It takes a split second for me to realize that she thinks I'm probably having a heart attack, and I have to laugh at myself. I point to the sauna, and tell her I just worked out in there, and she looks at me like I'm crazy and leaves the locker room.
Basically, I'm the sweaty, red kid who breathes hard who everyone always thinks is going to die any second.
Awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment