Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wow, 5 months must be some sort of record

I'm surprised Blogger hasn't deleted my account due to inactivity. I guess I'm more or less picking this back up again b/c my mom pesters me about blogging constantly - and since she's my only reader... :)

I'm not feeling very paragraph-y today, so here's a look into the last 5 months of my life, in bulleted form:

-Went into kidney failure shortly after last blog post. Spent a month in the hospital.

-The love of my life and I broke up (hence why he's not making an appearance on my profile anymore). This has been devastating and I still haven't begun to pick up the pieces... (Sigh)

-Had an incredible summer with my family and friends, all of whom have been so supportive of me during the "divorce." Been to the beach, the lake and have reacquainted myself with some little things I like to call singledom, alcohol and Buckhead. It's been incredible. I truly have the best friends and family anyone could ever ask for. Thank you for not giving up on me.

-Been in bridesmaid mode recently. Which I love, but I can't help but think of the cliched phrase, "Always a bridesmaid, never a bride." I used to laugh at that, but now realize it's become the theme of my life. I'm just plain going to a wedding in November, and can't wait to just show up, eat, drink and dance.

-Things are better at home. That's all I'm going to elaborate, b/c every time I get my hopes up, things get bad again. End of sentence.

-I still love my job. Things are great at work (which I feel very lucky to be able to say during this economy) and we're actually up for Best Place to Work in Atlanta for the 2nd year in a row!!! How cool?!

Alright, guess I'm not in the blogging mood today, but there ya go, Mom! I'll be better from here on out, I promise :)

No comments: