Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"It smells like Halloween!"

The title of my post is from the new movie "Sex Drive." I'm embarrassed to say I actually went and saw a movie with that name, but it was hilarious. Probably one of the best dates Ryan and I have ever been on. I think we laughed harder during the car ride home, quoting the movie, than in the actual movie itself. Seriously, he almost wrecked the car. In short, see the movie.

Before that said movie, while buying tickets, I am mad at myself for not doing something. If I have ever wanted to go back in time more, it would be to last Friday night in the movie ticket line. Behind us, by about 4-5 people, was a breast cancer survivor. I know enough about breast cancer and overcoming it to be able to recognize a survivor. Honest to goodness, I wanted to hug her. Anyways, after walking away from the ticket counter, I realized I should have done something, said something, anything to her. Anonymously bought her movie ticket (she was alone)...anything. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and I absolutely hate myself for not remembering this during the 5 minutes I spent in line. I'm sure it was for the best, as I might have embarrassed her (or myself) in doing so, but breast cancer has affected my life so much (friends, family, loved ones affected) that I now feel compelled to have just said hello or smiled at her. I didn't. I should have.

Ok, to a lighter subject... I finally am done with my LA Fitness trainer. Whew! I no longer have to go to the Perimeter location, I can go to the brand new facility a mile from my house. I went last week and it's BOMB! Brand new everything, 2 stories, flat screen tvs, pool, wood lockers in the locker room (nice), everything is clean and it's not crowded (yet). I hope no one else gets the memo on this new location b/c I like how I have yet to wait for a machine or fight for space in the sauna.

I made my Christmas list this week and now see how old I really am. The majority of the list contains items from, get this, The Container Store. I know what you're thinking..."Easy, Grandma, ask for some cool stuff!" But honestly, a trip to The Container Store gets me excited. Can you spell organizational heaven?! I've always wanted to say to an employee of that place, "Excuse me, do you have any...containers?" LOL, I'm sure I'd get a nice smile at that line...

I recently just re-realized (b/c of the emerging cold weather) an odd eccentricity of mine. I absolutely cannot stand when I have on long sleeves and they get caught in the sleeve of a jacket I have on top of those sleeves. When I go to put on a jacket when I have on long sleeves, I have to hold the openings of the long sleeves in my hands as I put on the jacket and then fidget around until all feels secure and comfortable within the jacket. Watch me put a jacket on sometime...it's funny.

I have never been as into a tv show than I am into True Blood on HBO. It's become somewhat of an addiction, and my friend Courtney and I actually wish we were in the show. Not actors in the show, but actually in the plot of the show. I never knew how hot vampires could really be.

I'm going to be 26 soon. That is scary...

I have come to terms with probably my biggest vice...gossiping. However, I don't refer to it as gossiping. I'm sorry, I live in the South, and what we do here is not gossip, just simply keep ourselves and others informed of what's going on in others' lives. That's all. Besides, just end every piece of information with "bless his/her heart," and it's definitely not considered gossip. I think people in my life appreciate all I have to share with them...I am just doing my part in Southern society to keep the waters of information flowing freely. You're welcome.

Finally, when asked what Ryan and I were going to be for Halloween by my favorite Alabama-dweller:

Ryan - an overworked golf instructor with a 9 year old son
Kimberly - a stressed out administrative assistant with way too many balls in the air


Court, don't you wish we could all dress up in our Halloween best?! :)

No comments: