Thursday, March 6, 2008

First Blog!

Wow, so my page looks really barren. I need to figure out how to spruce it up. So, this is it. My first blog entry. I've had blogs in the past, but they were with my girl friends and we were the only ones reading it. Now, it's just me writing this and I have NO idea who's reading this. Probably no one. Oh well, this blog is mainly for my own amusement!

I think I'll start with some things that you may or may not know about me:


-I actually LOVE my job. And I'm not just saying that. I love it. Everything about it. Even when I'm crazy busy during tax season and the work keeps piling up, I still find myself smiling behind stacks and stacks of tax returns and dockets, amazed at how I truly have the greatest job in the world.

-I do not have any desire to "travel the world" or "go backpacking through Europe." I like it here. Don't get me wrong, if given the chance to go on a vacay anywhere in the world, I wouldn't turn it down, but it's not on my Bucket List. Well, maybe going to Dubai. I think another reason I feel this way is because I am THE most dependent person in the whole world. I cannot live with my mom or boyfriend or girl friends somewhere nearby. I would die. So, maybe if they could all come with me, then I'd be ok with traveling the world...

-I cry once a day. At least. What can I say? Things move me!

-I am very picky about my bottled waters. They all have different tastes, and I refuse to drink the ones that taste "thick." For example, Evian, Deer Park and Nestle. Gross. I do, however, guzzle by the gallon Dasani and Aquafina. SmartWater is growing on me.

-I do not like the club in Atlanta Cosmo/Lava. I have never had a good experience there. And I keep trying to go and have a good time, especially since Ryan loves it so much, but I just HATE that place. I'm sure I'll keep going though.

-I have the best dog ever. Period.


-I see absolutely nothing wrong with being lazy when I am able. I work very hard and always have a lot on my plate, so when said opportunity to be lazy does indeed arise, I am perfectly content with taking full advantage of that indulgence.

-I love planning things. It's what I do for a living and it's what I'm best at. I guess this kinda ties into my first fact... I really want Ryan to hire me as his personal assistant. I pretty much am his personal assistant, but I don't get paid...yet.

-I want my mom to walk me down the aisle.

-I've accepted who I am by the age of 25. And I'm completely satisfied with how I've turned out. I have a gangload of flaws and there's all kinds of stuff wrong with me, but I think that's ok, b/c I can admit it. As long as you're not in denial about how you are, then act however you want!

-I would be ok with eating out for every meal, as long as there were no consequences to those doings. I think I'll "list" a few favorites:






-I am very cyclical and routine-oriented. When I do anything over and over again, ya know, something daily, I always do it in the same order. Getting ready (showering, makeup, etc.), when I get to work every morning (checking email, voicemail, etc.) or certain tasks at work. Specifically, I'm referring to processing tax returns. The routine-ness of it is actually calming. Everything has a specific order and I actually enjoy processing tax returns. They say washing the dishes by hand is a calming excercise. Something with the water and the circular, cyclical motions your hands make is supposed to be stress relieving. That's how I feel about processing tax returns. Ironic, isn't it? Doing the very thing that, during tax season, is supposed to stress us out is the thing that calms me. How odd.....

-I am very in-tune with song lyrics. Sometimes I feel as if every song I hear has some lyric to which I can relate. It scares me sometimes.

-I was the first baby born at Northside Hospital in 1983. There was another woman having her baby at exactly the same time as my mom, but Sandy Cox won! I've always wanted to meet that other baby who I beat out of the womb.

And on that note, I think that concludes my first official blog post. Now, I just have to get the nerve to click "Publish Post......"


Cox, OUT!!

No comments: