Thursday, March 27, 2008

Oh, how I love thee...

I truly have the greatest people in my life. I am so blessed to have such a solid base and support system. I'm sure none of them read my blog, but in case they do, I decided to write out just one reason why I love each person in my life. There's not enough computer space in this entire world for me to list out every reason, so just the one will have to do!

-My mother. Back when she was a principal, she was hilarious. When it came to reprimanding children, she used the old reliable form of punishment...discipline by sarcasm. The few times I got to witness this glorious event, I almost peed myself. She was so sarcastic and funny and I'd be there trying not to laugh when she was being serious. She's a very funny person, I think I get my hilarity from her.

-MariClaire. I love her parents' house. I always feel so cozy and at home there, and they always have the best food! Her family's awesome too.

-Ryan. He never, ever loses his cool or gets mad at me. And sometimes I am just blatantly mean to him for no reason. I don't know what I ever did to deserve such a wonderful man, but I am so happy he's in my life. Seriously, y'all, he never gets upset with me. Not even close.

-Jenny. She is the other half of our alter-ego duo, Kenny and Jim. K & J have a blast together. She really gets my humor too.

-Peanut. I like when she is napping or trying to sleep or something, and I'm awake and making noises or moving, and she inhales really deeply and lets out the biggest "would you just SHUT UP?!" sigh you've ever heard. I like annoying her sometimes just to make her do that. It's adorable.

-My grandmother. They say old people get "old" and start slipping into senility. Not my Nanny. She even runs around the house and gets on the roof to clean the gutters!

-My sister. She does things for me. Like, if I'm comfortable and don't feel like getting up to get something, she will always, no matter what, drop what she's doing and get it for me. It's pretty cool. Kinda like she's my servant or something Waiter

-Courtney. We've known each other for over 20 years. That's pretty cool in itself. Anyone that can be my friend for over 20 years deserves some sort of recognition.

-Jenny's boyfriend Mitch. Honestly the nicest guy I've ever met. And he treats Jenny well, which is most important.

-Courtney's husband Bill. Love the Southern accent...and how he still tries to party with those who are 10 years his junior Old Man

-Luciana. I love to hear her speak Spanish. It makes her twice as beautiful as she already is.

-Tracy. Even though she's not an MD, she's just about got her doctorate in PT, which to me is pretty much the same thing. Five words for you: free medical advice for life!!!

-My aunt. She has created this lucrative antiquing/eBay-ing business in her retirement and does a damn good job at running it. We may laugh at her basement full of "inventory," but I'm pretty proud of her for taking something she likes doing and turns it into a profitable venture. Go AP!

-Ryan's mom. I cannot wait to be able to call her my mother-in-law one day. She really is the coolest person I've ever met, and I love her cooking too!

-Luciana's fiance Mike. He always sounds like he knows what he's talking about, even if he doesn't. If he told me the sky was actualy green, and had a good-sounding reason for that, I'd believe him.

-Katie. She doesn't cuss. And as much as we make fun of her for it, I have a lot of respect for her. It must take a lot of self-discipline...that which I do not have.

-David Caselli. Is one of the most talented photographers I know. He also taught me that thumbs don't look good in pictures. "Photographers don't like thumbs, Kimmie."

-AGH. This is my company. And I know I'm cheating a little and grouping everyone into one, but I work with 50+ people, so cut me some slack. My co-workers are like family to me, and I still find myself pinching my arm to make sure I'm not in a dream when I'm at work. The coolest part is, when people here ask you how you're doing, they really mean it.

-Ryan's dad. Is in a band. 'Nuff said.

Oh gah, I hope I haven't left anyone out... Whatever, if you're in my life, you know who you are and how much you mean to me!!!

Star 9







No comments: