Ah, the time of day where I'm most relaxed at work. Sitting here at my desk with my company-provided dinner (which is amazing tonight, by the way...I'll detail later) catching up on my personal life; Gmail, my Blog, checking my bank account, Facebook...you know the drill. Don't have a fluid thought about which to write, so I'll just humor the 2 people that are reading this with some sporadic brain synapses going through my head now:
For those that don't know, my company feeds me during tax season. AGH feeds all of its employees, actually, and it's to deter us from ever leaving the office. Which is why I feel lucky to not be charged rent here at Two Securities Center....I honestly spend more time here than I do at home. Anyways, thank jebus that I have a personal trainer, b/c with all of the food that surrounds me all day, I'd be about 5 pounds away from washing myself with a rag on a stick (I think Joe Powers said that in college at some point...). Not to mention that the food is amazing. It's all homecooked food...good, comfort food that makes you not miss home so much when we're working 12+ hour days. And it's b/c of my trainer Jonathan that I'm able to indulge!! Tonight's cuisine was this interesting salad I've never had before. Lettuce, beets and grapefruit with this orange/raspberry vinegarette. We also got this pasta dish with tuna, these really good rolls and, get this, banana pudding for dessert. I was in heaven. And don't get me started on the peanut butter cookies that littered our office today... Maybe it's the food that keeps me coming back to work each day!
I hate Nissan right now. They promised me that the catalytic converter on my car would be under warranty, and after having my car for 24 hours, have suddenly decided that it's not. Nissan Corporate heard it from Sandy Cox today, and boy let me tell you... Everyone cross your fingers that my $943 will be kept in my bank account. If the results of the claim we filed come back unfavorable, you better believe that I'm holding Nissan's rental car hostage.
Heard a great quote today: " The reality is, the girl that’s ten pounds overweight but loves her body is winning against the girl who is underweight but hates herself. There’s no straight guy in the world who knows the difference between a size 14 and a size 4.”
Got some great weekend plans, despite having to work on Saturday. Couples massage and dinner with Ryan tomorrow night...much needed, and I haven't spent time with my boy in like a week. A little Mexican twist on the usual St. Patty's shenanigans on Saturday night...dinner and happy boozing with a bunch of friends at Rio Grande for the Irish holiday. Should be fun. In fact, pretty much every weekend from now until August is packed with fun stuff. I'm so lucky!
I can't decide if I should upgrade my cell phone to a Blackberry. I miss my BB from back in the day, and seeing Ry with his makes me crave one again, but is there really a need for it?! $30 more a month...hmmm...
6:02pm...central HVAC at the offices shuts off. Every day like clockwork. And it's not that I notice it's on when it's on, ya know? But once it does shut off, it's so quiet around here. Maybe that's a sign for me to go home!
Peanut is finally better! She got her rabies vaccine the other day, and has never had problems before, but had a bad reaction to it this time. She swelled up and was acting really strange and lethargic and we were really worried about her. After a trip back to the vet and 6 pills later, she's back to her old tricks again. I really do have the best dog ever...(c'mon, Mom, you know the words) PERIOD!
SNL goes through cycles. It has really good years, then not-so-good years, then it cycles back to being amazing again. For the past year or two, it has really been great. I hope it won't cycle back down again for awhile, b/c I am on a huge SNL kick. I really wish watching SNL was commonplace, so I could quote it with strangers walking down the hall. Especially Virginiaca quotes. Eating "nuggrets" at Chick-fil-A the other night would have been so much funnier had Ryan known what I was laughing about...
I leave for Vegas in about a month. April 15 to be exact. And what a better day to hop on a plane, first class, and fly to Sin City, than the last day of tax season?! I mean, how perfect! While my hot boyfriend is playing golf, I will be baking in the "dry heat" I've heard so much about and taking in numerous massages at the spa. I can't wait to plop down poolside with my iPod and a great book (I can't tell you the last time I actually had time to read a book for pleasure...) and just R-E-L-A-X. I deserve it. The resort at which we're staying is actually outside of Vegas, so I don't know if I'll get the full "on the strip" experience, but that is what the bachelorette weekend there in June is for!!! I'll get my Sin City experience then, but for now, I'm just happy spending 5 days out there without a care in the world.
The time change has really affected me. I've overslept all 4 mornings this week. Will my internal clock ever be the same?!
I really want to open a Shane's Rib Shack in Marietta. I think Ryan only thinks I'm half serious about it, but I'm completely serious. I think it would make a killing. And besides, that brotherly competition b/t him and his brother would be a great incentive for us to do well. Also, I could bathe in Shane's sauce.
I wonder when Nintendo is going to ship my Wii back to me. Regular tv isn't cutting it anymore, and I've missed characterizing my Mii. And, kicking Ryan's ass in Mario Kart...
Ok, I think it's time for me to leave "home" and go to "work." Get it?!?! Cox OUT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
943? That much. A catalytic converter is no more than about 150-200 bucks. hate to say it, but never go to the dealer for that kind of thing. I would sincerely hope that you get that back because they royally screws everyone. Sadly, they can do it because people don't know that.
Post a Comment